Table of Contents
What is SaaS or Superadmin Module?
- SaaS is Software as a service. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service)
- With this module, you can sell UltimatePOS Advance as a subscription package to users.
- You can see all the business registered in the POS, Add New business, Deactivate a business, or delete them completely.
How is this SaaS module different from UltimatePOS advance
Some users asked us this question, so we thought of mentioned it here 😀
- UltimatePOS advance is the main POS software, which is required if you need POS
- SaaS/Superadmin Module is an Optional extension to it. With SaaS/Superadmin module you can sell subscription packages to businesses. It is can help you be Profitable/ Monetize your💰💰💰 POS application.
Features in SaaS & Superadmin module:
- Create Unlimited subscription packages
- Activate, Deactivate or Delete Packages
- Trial Days
- Free Packages
- Daily / Monthly / Yearly Interval selection
- Limit number of locations, active users, Products, Invoices,
- Superadmin only use packages (Private packages for superadmin)
- One-time use package only (Use Case: Free package can be enabled to use once only).
- Custom URL in package subscriptions: Custom URL for packages are external URL, For example, something like “Contact Us” for a Higher Enterprise package.
- Manage Businesses:
- Add, View, Deactivate or delete businesses.
- View business subscription logs
- Payment Gateways:
- Offline payment
- Subscriptions expiry notification.
- Superadmin can edit business subscription start/trial/end date
- Subscription invoice with print option
- Allocate subscriptions to businesses directly from superadmin
- Company based Username.
- SMTP/Email setting
- Backup setting
- Payment Gateway Settings
- App default settings
- Communicator module to send email to all/selected businesses owners
- Intuitive dashboard to give details of your businesses.
- One Click installation
- Complete setup guide.
- Company based Username.
- Subscription/Pricing landing page (hidden in demo)
- Compatibe with WooCommerce addon.
More updates coming soon…
For premium support contact us here: http://ultimatefosters.com/support/
Installing the SaaS/Superadmin Module
Installing the Superadmin module to UltimatePOS is easy as cake. Make sure you meet the below requirements:
- Since this is not a standalone application you will need UltimatePOS (Download from here)
- UltimatePOS – Advance Version 2.7 or higher installed. For UltimatePOS installation step refer to this documentation.
- Unzip the file downloaded from codecanyon.net. Inside that, you will find “Superadmin” directory.
- Go to UltimatePOS installed directory. There you will find a folder named “Modules” (in the same level as app or bootstrap directory). If this folder is not present then create “Modules” folder (Make sure the folder name is exactly “Modules” with “M” in capital case). It should be inside the POS codebase, in the same level as “public” folder. (NOT insider public folder)
- Upload or Cut-Paste the “Superadmin” directory inside this “Modules” directory.
- Open .env file. Inside that, you will find “ADMINISTRATOR_USERNAMES” configuration. Add the superadmin username in this option.
Example if “user1” is superadmin then:
NOTE: user1 mentioned here is for example only. You have to add an already existing/signedup username here.
- Login with superadmin (username which is added in step 4). After Login you will able to see the superadmin menu present in the top of the sidebar. If not present them make sure the above steps are followed properly.
- After login, install superadmin by going to the below URL:
If you pos is installed in www.example.com then go to www.example.com/superadmin/install
- It will process for a few minutes and installation success message will be displayed.
Great, installation is done now.
- Superadmin Settings: Go to superadmin setting and add the relevant details.
- Packages: Go to packages and new packages. You can also edit/delete/deactivate packages.
- Payment Gateway: Setup payment gateways as below.
- Go to superadmin – Packages for adding new packages.
- Add Name, Descriptions and other details.
- If you need to assign infinite Users, Locations, Invoices, Products just make the number as 0.
- If you want to create a Free package make the price as 0
Stripe is configured out-of-box with UltimatePOS.
- Login to you stripe account. Go to API
- There you will find stripe public key and private key. You can also click on “Test” mode.
- Open .env file and add
- And stripe is read to use.
- NOTE: If you’re using stripe in Demo Mode, make sure to enable “Live” mode and provide the live keys. More details here: https://stripe.com/docs/keys
PayPal is configured out-of-box with UltimatePOS.
- Obtain your paypal API_USERNAME, API_PASSWORD, & API_SECRET
- Enter the details in .env file.
- If you’re using PayPal in sandbox mode then PAYPAL_MODE=sandbox or if in live then PAYPAL_MODE=live
- For offline payment, the application sends a notification email to Superadmin so that they can approve it. So it needs a valid email setup (or SMTP setup), else it will throw an email error.
- Emai/SMTP setup is done during UltimatePOS installation process. But if you haven’t configured it properly there then you can follow the details as described here.
Updating to new Version
Before updating make sure you have the latest version of UltimatePOS.
Also, take/download a Backup using our Backup feature.
- Download the new version available.
- Unzip it.
- Replace the code present in Modules/Superadmin folder with the new code.
- Login with superadmin account.
- Open this URL for the new changes to take place
- After some processing, it will show an update success message.
- To check your current version of superadmin module, Go to Superadmin – Superadmin Settings, it will display the latest version of module installed.
Business Based Username:
With a business based username, every username for a business will be suffixed with an internally generated business id. This will allow different companies to use the same username.
To enable it go to Superadmin -> Superadmin Settings & check the ” Enable business based username” checkbox and click on Update button.
This will activate this feature.
Note: This will not change existing usernames. All new username created will have this effect.
Now when a new user is added from Users – Add User, it will display a modified username below the username field. This username should be used for login by this user.