Table of Contents
Make sure your server meets the following requirements:
- PHP >= 7.1 (Recommended: Latest PHP version 7.2)
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- PDO PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension
- XML PHP Extension
- cURL PHP Extension
- You can easily install ultimate POS in your localhost.
- If you want to make it online accessible – We recommend using Cloud host – as it provides better flexibility or control of the server. You can use AWS or Digital Ocean or search for some others. Our demo site is set up on Digital Ocean.
- If you decide to use Shared hosting make sure to follow the instruction here for uploading the script – Instructions
STEPS TO INSTALLING POS SYSTEM
- After downloading, extract the file onto your desktop using a zip software (like winzip or winrar or something else ) as shown below.
- In case you want to install the system locally, here are the steps:
- 2.1 Download & Install a server like WAMP(for Windows) or XAMP(for windows or Linux) or something else as per your preference.
- 2.2 Go to the htdocs folder. htdocs will be present inside the xamp/htdocs or as per your server.
- 2.3 Copy the codebase folder (something like UltimatePOS-CodeBase-V2.8.1) present inside the unzipped file in step 1.
- 2.4 Rename the folder to UltimatePOS.
- 2.5 Rename “optional.htaccess” to “.htaccess” (if its shows “you must enter the file name” the refer the “creating a hidden file in windows” guide below)
- 2.6 Now open http://localhost/UltimatePOS
- 2.7 You will see the installation page as given below.
- In case you want to install the system in hosting, here are the steps:
- 3.0 Make sure the URL of application is like www.yourwebsite.com or any-subdomain.yourwebsite.com for better experience. Installing in folders like www.yourwebsite.com/any-folder-name/pos is not recommended.
- 3.1 Upload the extracted POS zip file (all files & folders inside UltimatePOS-CodeBase-V2.8.1) in the server document root.
- To upload the file you can use FTP client like filezilla (https://filezilla-project.org/)
- Or you can upload it directly by logging into your cPanel (or direct admin) & going to file manager.
- 3.2 Rename “optional.htaccess” to “.htaccess” (if its shows “you must enter the file name” the refer the “creating a hidden file in windows” guide below)
- 3.3 Open your website http://your-pos-website.com
- 3.4 You will see the installation page as given below or if shows some error then check debuggin errors notes given below.
- POS installation screen:
Read the instructions. it says to keep all your information ready for next step, like database details, email configuration, envato purchase code .
- Click on next “Let’s Go”. It will check your server. If all of them are green then you’re ready for next step, else install the php library missing. After everything looks correct it will show a green sign.
After everything looks correct it will show a green sign. Then click on “Next”
- Fill this form with all details & click on “Install”
- After clicking on “Install” if all details are correct it will go to the next step. If it shows invalid purchase code then refer to this guide.
- Click on “Install” after this and wait for a few minutes to process (1 to 10 minutes depends on hosting)
- It will display an install success screen.
While installation there can be some errors because of a few reasons, check the below & fix accordingly.
- Syntax Error: If it shows syntax error then make sure you have PHP version 7.0 or higher. It will be nice to have the latest PHP 7.2 version.
- 500 Internal Server error: This can happen if the server is not configured properly. Check your server Log and fix accordingly.
- If it shows SoftException in Application.cpp:651: Directory “/installed-directory/public” is writeable by group, referer: http://your-pos-website.com, then go to the public folder and make its permission as 755
- If it shows SoftException in Application.cpp:651: Directory “/installed-directory/public/index.php” is writeable by group, referer: http://your-pos-website.com, then go to the public/index.php folder and make its permission as 755
- You can create as many businesses as you want with this.
- After successful installation, if you visit <your-awesome-domain>.com/install, you will get an error page. If you want to change any further details like the database, database name, host, database password; you can do it by changing in .env file present inside codebase.
In windows when you try to create .env file – “You must type a file name” error is thrown.
In the File Explorer, call your file
.env. and it will remove the ending ‘.’