Before you start the process, it is advisable to take a backup.
- You can either download the backup from the application backup feature
- Or take a backup of Database & public/uploads folder.
Transferring to new Domain
If you want to transfer from domain to another, for example, to transfer from example1.com to example2.com, follow these steps:
- Point the new domain (example2.com) to the existing codebase.
- Open the .env file and change the APP_URL to a new domain (example2.com)
That’s all, now open example2.com and it will work.
Changing hosting or move to a different hosting
We recommend that you use one of these hostings:
To move from one hosting to another, hosting-1 to hosting-2 follow these steps:
- Move the Codebase:
- Zip the existing codebase of UltimatePOS from hosting-1
- Upload it to hosting-2 and unzip it.
- Move the database:
- Export the database from hosting-1
- Import it to a new database in hosting-2
- Point the domain to hosting-2 by changing the NameServer
- Open the .env file in hosting-2
- Change database details, like DB_HOST, DB_DATABASE, DB_USERNAME, DB_PASSWORD
That’all. If you also want to change the URL then follow the step mentioned in the first part.
📩 Still stuck? Contact Support