This feature is available in UltimatePOS v3.0 & higher
Table of Contents
Browser/Desktop notification using the pusher
Browser notification helps the user to get notified of any notification quickly.
Your POS must use https or must have an SSL certificate installed.
Steps to enable it:
- Signup for a pusher account here https://pusher.com/
- Login to your pusher account.
- Click on “Create new app”
- Enter the details:
Name your app,
Select a cluster,
What’s your front-end tech? will be jQuery
What’s your back-end tech? will be Laravel.
Click on “Create my app” and after that, you will find the pusher details as given in the screenshot below\
Setup in UltimatePOS:
- If you’re using the SaaS-Superadmin module then go to
Superadmin Settings -> Pusher Settings -> Enter the details:
PUSHER APP ID, PUSHER APP KEY, PUSHER APP SECRET, PUSHER APP CLUSTER and save it.
- If not using SaaS-Superadmin, then login to cpanel/directadmin or FileZilla, open the .env file present in the pos code for editing. Then you will find the pusher related configuration. Enter the below configuration:
PUSHER_APP_ID=<your pusher app id>
PUSHER_APP_KEY=<your pusher app key>
PUSHER_APP_SECRET= <your pusher app secret>
PUSHER_APP_CLUSTER=<your pusher app cluster>Save the file and the notification will work.
Pusher notifications will not support on IOS devices. You need to disable pusher notifications in IOS for UltimatePOS.