(Not available in UltimatePOS-LITE)
UltimatePOS supports thermal printer with ESC/POS protocol support for receipt printing. See the list below for a list of printers where it has been tested.
Setting a thermal printer involves 3 steps:
- Adding a Printer
- Configuring business location to use the added printer.
- Installation Pos Print server.
Step1: Adding a Printer
- Add a new printer from Settings -> Receipt Printer
- Select the appropriate Connection Type:
- For “Network” provide the IP Address of the printer.
- For “Windows” map the printer to a file and provide the path of the file. You can do this by sharing the printer to your localhost.
The path will be in this format:
smb://localhost/my_printer_name OR smb://computer_name/my_printer_name (where my_printer_name is name of the printer)
- For “Linux” your printer device file will be somewhere like
- Select the capability profile and add character per line supported in the printer.
- Save the Printer configuration.
- Check the video below for more details on setting it.
Step2: Configuring Business Location to use printer:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings.
- For a particular business location, go to “Settings” in actions column.
- Change “Receipt Printer Type” to “Use Configured Receipt Printer“
- Select the “Receipt Printers” from the list of Receipt Printers
- Click on Update.
Step3: Installing POS Print Server
For printing via receipt printer, you will need to install a “pos print server” on your local computer from which UltimatePOS is used.
- Download the server from this link. by clicking on “Download Repository”
- Unzip the zip file.
- Rename the unzipped folder to “pos_print_server”.
- Move the pos_print_server to document root (which is htdocs in XAMPP).
- Open Command Prompt or also called terminal. And go to the “pos_print_server” directory. You can go to this directory using “CD” command in the command prompt.
- From the Command Prompt which is now inside pos_print_server directory run the below command:
After running the command it will start the print server and show a message similar to below:
You may receive “Unrecognised command PHP”, in that case, add PHP command to your environment variable. (Google search result)
- Now we are ready to go. Try creating a test sell from the pos screen and it should print in your thermal printer. If you haven’t added a printer then follow the steps mentioned in “Step1: Adding a Printer” and it should work.
Great, now we’re ready to print on a thermal printer.
Give it a test drive.
Go to POS screen, add a test invoice and check if it prints. If not please check if the pos receipt server is running or not.
Many thermal receipt printers support ESC/POS to some degree. This driver has been known to work with:
EPOS TEP 220M
Epson TM-U295 (requires release() to release slip).
Epson TM-U590 and TM-U590P
Epson FX-890 (requires feedForm() to release paper).
Equal (EQ-IT-001) POS-58
Gainscha GP-5890x (Also marketed as EC Line 5890x)
Gainscha GP-U80300I (Also marketed as gprinter GP-U80300I)
Hasar HTP 250
Okipos 80 Plus III
P85A-401 (make unknown)
SEYPOS PRP-300 (Also marketed as TYSSO PRP-300)
Silicon SP-201 / RP80USE
Star TSP100 ECO
Star TSP100III FuturePRNT
Zjiang ZJ-5890T (Marketed as POS 5890T)