Features in Essentials module:
- ToDo List:
- Add new to-do items
- Mark items as completed.
- Delete items
- Date-Wise to-do list.
- Easy document storage to cloud in your server.
- Share documents with other users or other roles.
- Download document.
- Delete documents
- Written message or short notes.
- Share with other users or roles.
- Add reminder with event name, date, time.
- One time reminder or Repeated reminder – every day or every week or every month
- Nice calendar view.
- Send messages to everyone within your business.
- Send to a particular location.
- Permission to allow sending or only view.
Installing the Essentials Module
Installing the essentials module to UltimatePOS is easy as cake. Make sure you meet the below requirements:
- Since this is not a standalone application you will need UltimatePOS (Download from here)
- UltimatePOS – Advance the latest version installed. For UltimatePOS installation step refer to this documentation.
- Unzip the file downloaded from codecanyon.net. Inside that, you will find “Essentials” directory.
- Go to UltimatePOS installed directory. There you will find a folder named “Modules” (in the same level as app or bootstrap directory).
If this folder is not present then create “Modules” folder (Make sure the folder name is exactly “Modules” with “M” in capital case). It should be inside the POS codebase, in the same level as “public” folder. (NOT inside the public folder)
- Upload or Cut-Paste the “Essentials” directory inside this “Modules” directory.
- Open .env file. Inside that, you will find “ADMINISTRATOR_USERNAMES” configuration. Add the superadmin username in this option.
Example if “user1” is superadmin then:
NOTE: user1 mentioned here is for example only. You have to add an already existing/signed up username here.
NOTE: If you have already installed SaaS-Superadmin or UltimatePOS-to-WooCommerce module then no need to do step 4.
- Login with superadmin (username which is added in step 4). After Login, you will able to see the essentials menu present in the bottom of the sidebar. If not present them make sure the above steps are followed properly.
- After login, install superadmin by going to the below URL:
If you pos is installed in www.example.com then go to www.example.com/essentials/install
- It will process for a few minutes and installation success message will be displayed.
Great, installation is done now.
We also provide paid installation service, contact support for details about it. http://ultimatefosters.com/support/
Updating the Essentials Module:
- Download the new version available from codecanyon.
- Extract/Unzip the Zip file.
- Inside the “Essentials-(SaaS-compatible)-V” folder you will find a “Essentials” folder.
- Open your cPanel or DirectAdmin or FTP (filezilla) or localhost, and go to the Modules folder.
- Delete the existing “Essentials” module from folder your server.
- Upload the new downloaded “Woocommerce” module.
- Log in with your superadmin or Administrator account in POS.
- Run this URL in your browser:
http://yourwebsite.com/essentials/install/update or if you’re using a sub-domain:
It will run for a few minutes and show a success message.
- You can view the version number of essentials module in messages screen.