Make sure your server meets the following requirements:
- PHP >= 7.0.0
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- PDO PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension
- XML PHP Extension
- cURL PHP Extension
- You can easily install ultimate POS in your localhost.
- If you want to make it online accessible – We recommend using Cloud host – as it provides better flexibility or control of the server. You can use AWS or Digital Ocean or search for some others. Our demo site is set up on Digital Ocean.
- If you decide to use Shared hosting make sure to follow the instruction here for uploading the script – Instructions
- Extract the downloaded zip file. Inside that, you will find the POS zip codebase and a license pdf. Extract the POS zip file.
- Upload the extracted POS zip file in the server document root. You can use a client like FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/) or directly SSH into the server to connect and upload the files.
- Create a virtual host. Point your host config document root to “<project_directory>/public” directory
- Make sure to provide read & write permission to server user (www-data mostly) for codebase directory.
- File Permission: Change the file permission as below:
> /bootstrap/cache 775
> /public/uploads 775
> /storage 775 (recursively)
- Open your domain link in a browser.
If everything is set properly for above steps it will auto-redirect to the installation page. You will find all further installation details there. Basically, it will have 3 steps to setup the application.
- After following all the steps goto <your-awesome-domain>.com and start by registering your business.
- Make sure your URL is likewww.yourwebsite.com
- If your URL has “public” in it then go to the codebase and rename “optional.htaccess” file to “.htaccess” only.
- You can create as many businesses as you want with this.
- After successful installation, if you visit <your-awesome-domain>.com/install, you will get an error page. If you want to change any further details like the database, database name, host, database password; you can do it by changing in .env file present inside codebase.
Creating .env file in windows
In windows when you try to create .env file – “You must type a file name” error is thrown.
In the File Explorer, call your file
.env. and it will remove the ending ‘.’